Saturday, June 12, 2010

its always by my house!

I never find ANYTHING if I plan to yard sale. I don't know what it is...but if I wake up, and GO out with the purpose of looking at yard sale's I will NOT find anything worth buying.

BUT, if I am driving by and just by chance see a sign and go, I find treasures! It is crazy...

Anyways. This Saturday Spencer woke up and wanted to go look at yard sale's. His family always finds great things every Saturday. I guess he is jealous, and wanted to get in on the action. So I went along, naturally.

We found nothing, AND we didn't even get donuts before we went (donuts are a MUST on Saturday yard saleing adventures). We headed home. BUT right down the street from my house was a yard sale. It turns out that they had vintage treasures. The lady just recently cleaned out an abandoned house in Indiana (lucky!). Here is what a rounded up.

Vintage mirror. I don't need a mirror, but I couldn't say no, she through it in for so cheap!
Cute containers.
Just in case you were wondering, I am going to redo my dinning room, and kitchen in these colors. I want the gray blue lighter, I am still searching for the right paint.

These vintage curtains





Vintage pictures for Gracie's room!



More vintage bird pictures!


Vintage water jug.


You won't even believe how much I paid for it all....8 dollars! Great Saturday steal, huh?

8 comments:

ashley wright said...

I LOVE yardsales!! And its true for me too, that if I plan to GO out, I never get lucky... it's always the opposite! good finds!

julz said...

Cute finds. I actually have the same pics of the little girls somewhere in my closet. They may be bigger but I would have given them to you...

Camille said...

I have always wanted you to participate in my Saturday Steals! Thanks for doing it; I feel famous!

And those are wonderful steals. The vintage curtains? Precious! I would totally hang those in my house. And that water jug is so cute!

Great steals!

Mars said...

I never find anything if I happen to go out etiher so it gives me no motivation to go. One day when I have a house maybe I will be more motivated. Great deal for all that cute stuff though!

Alexis C. said...

Awesome finds girl!! I miss you. You make me laugh ha.
ps those pants are from anthro!

Geevz said...

My favorite is that AMAZING clock jar. Great finds all the way around.

The Danielson said...

We signed papers Friday. We should get keys on Tuesday. CAN'T WAIT! We will have to have you and Grace over for a play date soon.

Molly said...

I think I have the same fridge as you. And I love it.